The main criteria depend on your purposes: investors and traders have different needs.
HODL - “Buy and Hold”
Investors buy a coin based on its substantial growth in the future and do not make regular deals on the exchange.
Important things for investors:
- Availability of the pair needed;
- Deposit or withdrawal fee;
- Withdrawal limits: if the maximum amount is less than the one you need to withdraw, you may lose a lot of money by paying fee;
- Reliability. If you don’t see any post about how someone could not withdraw their $20,000, that is great;
- Complex verification process.
Account protection does not bother the investor so much, because it does not keep money on the exchanges.
Trade while you are still young
Traders are those who regularly make deals for buying and selling coins. What is important for them:
- Trading tools and detailed charts;
- Many pairs;
- Exchange fee size;
- High security level: a part of their funds are stored on the exchange.